torn bicep

My friend and i were "indian arm wrestling" and my right bicep made 2 loud pops, like a gun shot. then my arm hurt like hell. pardon my french. i rested it for a couple of days, but i didn't put ice or heat on it and didn't rest it like i should have. After that my bicep has a bulge on the upper part of my arm. this happened about 2 years ago. The only time I have any pain is when I lots of bicep curl reps. But for the most part I don't have any pain. Can this be repaired with surgery? And if it can, what type of doc should i talk to about it? Thank you.

Posted By D. Allen Elliott on December 20, 2008 at 08:48:57:

The SiliposŪ Soft Sock is a two-layer sock carefully designed with a proprietary gel pad molded in between the two fabric layers at the sole to absorb and reduce friction, abrasion, shear forces, and moisture away from the foot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)