shoulder & knee problems

I have recently begun lifting weights, and have encountered two problems. The first is my left knee--I have pain on the inside (right side), midway down the joint. I have had this pain for several years when I attempt to jog or even occasionally when I walk. It would feel sort of like something got out of line a little (no pop or sudden jerk). This would go away within a day. This pain has gone on for a week. I have been doing some squats, and I wear the cheap tennis shoes from Walmart. Also, i have put on several pounds of muscle since beginning to lift weights. Can you give any advice to help this problem. I want to get back to working out and walking normally. My second problem is my right shoulder. Every time i try to get back into working out in any capacity over the last 10 years, my shoulder will begin to hurt and feel weak. It is mainly in the straight on pushing exercises (pushups, flat bench press), but when it is bad, it also affects incline & military press & dumbell flyes.

Posted By Jeremy on November 11, 2008 at 14:26:00:

Pro-Tec Athletics' J-Lat Knee Support helps guide the patella back into proper alignment with gentle pressure from the lateral to medial direction. Compression surrounding the patella will help keep it in the patella-femoral groove.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)