Re: PT vs. PTA

A physical therapist requires at least a minimum of a bachelors degree, however, most PT programs are moving in the direction of at least a master's degree. A physical therapist evaluates and designs a therapy program in conjunction with the referring physician to assist a patient to return to a higher quality of life after an illness or injury. The physical therapist assistant only requires a two year degree from a community college. The PTA treats under the direction of a PT. If your thinking of a therapy career, I would go with the choice of a PT. They make a higher salary and are in huge demand.

Posted By kerryATC on September 08, 2008 at 11:22:35:

In Reply to: PT vs. PTA posted by Renee on September 04, 2008 at 09:38:06:

Helps strengthen the kneecap mechanism by applying pressure on the tendon above the kneecap as well. This tends to reduce the forces of the quadriceps on the patella tendon and erosion of the under surface of the kneecap due to a possible misalignment of the quadriceps (Q-angle).

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)