Re: hurt lower back while squatting

This is a difficult question to answer without knowing more about the injury and your pain. Back injuries can vary widely. If you have any numbness, tingling, or pain going into your legs, then I would say that you should be evaluated medically before returning to those activities. If all you experienced was pain acrossed your lower back, then I would wait until your pain subsides with all daily activites, and you have the ability to perform forward and backward bending, as well turning and sidebending without pain. I would then return to those activities with lower weights and higher reps initially, working up as you tolerate.

If you hurt it initially, that may suggest improper form to start with. You may want to have your form checked before returning to heavy lifting.

If your back pain is not progressively improving, and lasts more than 2 wks, then you should make an appointment with your doctor to see what may be wrong.

Remember, back problems can vary widely, and I have very little to go on from your original post. Use caution concerning your back. If you are not sure, seek medical attention from someone that can physically examine you.

Posted By Bill W on July 24, 2008 at 16:18:52:

In Reply to: hurt lower back while squatting posted by jeremy c. on July 23, 2008 at 15:57:47:

McDavid Compression tops provide an entirely different type of support than traditional sports bras. Unique 4-way stretch fabric with Intera® is designed to move with the body and provides support in even the most high-impact workouts.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)