Dislocations of shoulder

I am currently 43, when I was 17 I dislocated left shoulder in a bike wreck. The ball part of the shoulder joint was clearly visible on my back. I was put under during the repair job. No surgery no PT as I remember when I woke up I was fine other than some limited movement. I did not stay immobilized at all simply went on with life with little problem. For the most part regained all use of the shoulder other than as I got older it would ache at night.

4 days ago while water skiing I dislocated the same shoulder, it was extremely painful ends up the ball part of the joint was down and under my arm pit. Almost 3 hours passed before they put me under and repositioned the joint. The doc sent me home in a sling but it is very painful to leave the arm in a same position for long periods. I am almost pain free if I leave the arm out of the sling letting it hang while walking and propping it up while driving or working at the deck. Once propped up on the deck I can type 2 handed as well as ever.

Am I screwing up moving my around? At night after about 3 hours of sleep I wake in pain and have to get up and move my shoulder around a while, the pain subsides and I can get another 2 to 3 hours before repeating the procedure.

Posted By Leefers on June 26, 2008 at 09:30:48:

The medical grade mineral oil released from the gel onto the skin also helps to soften dry skin and to reduce scar tissue by improving the mobility and elasticity of the skin after scarring.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)