high fibular fracture

I fractured my fibula abt an inch, or inch and a half, making a tackle during a soccer game on April 29th. Every website i visited says something different about the healing time. some say 6-8 weeks, some say 4-6 weeks, some say 12 weeks. Both the doctors at the ER and the orthopedist i saw a week later said it would heal in 4-6 weeks from the time i injured it. I was only given crutches and an immobilizer and at the consultation with the orthopedist a week later (May 6th) he told me i didnt even need to use either anymore if i didnt want to and that i could gradually resume normal activities as the weeks go by. This is totally different from what I'm reading on websites and things like that. Im young, only 24, so i'm sure everything will heal quickly. I sleep a ton and still use the crutches and immobilizer most of the time just to help. Now Im not doubting the orthopedist, it was at Georgetown Hospital in DC, and the guy deals a lot with sports injuries so i have a feeling they know what theyre talking about. But does this sound accurate to anybody else? Thanks

Posted By Chris on May 10, 2008 at 16:22:26:

Silicone inserts leave radius and ulna pressure-free and provide intermittent compression to the soft tissue of the joint, leading to increased circulation, thus aiding in the resorption of swelling and edema.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)