Macro-impact muslce damage

About a month and a half ago, I lost my grip on the high bar and ended up falling about ten feet to land on my head and neck on a rather firm mat. The impact did no damage to my spine but my muscles were so tight and sore that I was bed ridden the next day, and have had somewhat limited mobility ever since.

You know that feeling in your back when you've been bent over your table for about three hours? I am still getting that after about ten minutes if I'm not sitting in a chair that has full back support, or if I have to lean over. As a gymnast I had an extremely flexible back, I can still bend forward just fine, but I can barely bend over backwards or twist side to side. My back also starts to hurt when I go running, I think from the small impact of bouncing. And some morning I still feel a significant twinge of pain when I sit up.

I stretch some everyday, but I just feel like I'm not getting much better, is it time to see a physical therapist or am I just being impatient? Or do you have any suggestions for speeding up the healing? Any info would be great, I'm just kinda frustrated in the dark here :/

Posted By Kelbe Thompson on March 09, 2008 at 13:17:41:

Silicone inserts leave the epicondyle pressure-free and provide an intermittent compression to the soft tissue of the joint, leading to increased circulation, thus aiding in the resorption of swelling and edema.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)