PT needed for broken fibula

I broke my right fibuls near the ankle slipping on an icy sidewalk in Dec 2007. The cast just came off Feb 8, 2008 (I had no surgery) The ortho doctor required PT for me 3X week for a month. I cannot find a therapist that takes medicaid in my city/suburbs and they say it will take up to 90 days to process my medicaid HMO, only then can I go to a therapist. Don't you think 3 months after the fact is a little late to start therapy??? Is there anything I can do at home while I'm waiting??? Any exercises or things I am not able to do. My primary physician gave me Mobic 15mg for the swelling

Posted By Sharon on February 12, 2008 at 23:01:04:

Indications: knee strains or sprains, chondromalacia, Osgood Schlatter's Disease (adolescent knee syndrome), swelling and edema of the knee, ligament instability, knee instability, recurrent knee pain, arthritis, degenerative joint disease.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)