ACL Replacement and Scar Tissue

I'm 43 and had an ACL replacement and menisectomy surgery in my left knee almost 4 months ago (Oct. 2007). On my last doctor's checkup the doctor indicated that he wanted me to continue therapy for a little while longer as a "safe guard", though he was very please with my progress/healing. But, earlier that day at Physical Therapy, I told them that that day would be my last day there, that I would continue my therapy on my own at the gym.
Now a thought and question has ocurred to me that may be my own thinking, but I need confirmation for a professional. Since my mother had knee replacement surgery almost 2 years ago, she still complains about swelling in her knee. I don't know if she "thinks" it's because of scar tissue build up or if her doctor told her this, but my concern is that if possible scar tissue build up can cause swelling, then has my cessation of P.T. (with it's ultrasound treatments) at about 3 1/2 months post surgery going to cause scar tissue to start building up in my knee that has had an ACL replacement and menisectomy??
Thank you for any help you can provide!

Posted By Maria on January 29, 2008 at 01:59:22:

The SiliposŪ Soft Sock is a two-layer sock carefully designed with a proprietary gel pad molded in between the two fabric layers at the sole to absorb and reduce friction, abrasion, shear forces, and moisture away from the foot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)