Re: bicep popped, tore and was surg. repaired

tore distal bicep tendon ( r ), had surgical repair 45 days ago. Past surgery, I have no use of my right hand and inability to move my fingers upward ( constantly in fist position ). If I manually lift fingers up ( out of fist position ) with my left hand, then let go of the fingers, they drop immediately down into fist position; there is nothing there to hold them up. I have been to PT 2 times a week and it has done no good. I am in constant, severe pain from finger tips radiating up my right arm esp. with any movement attmepting to lift my fingers. I am afraid something was unintentionally cut during the surgery resulting in total dysfunction of my right hand. I would apreciate knowlege of orthopedic surgeons who specialize in this type of surgery for a second opinion. Do you have any idea as to what may have gone awry to cause total dysfunction of my right hand in the process of repairing my distal bicep tendon? I would much appreciate any help in locating such a spesensoredt as I keep running into "brick walls" and am a lose as to how to proceed. Thank you

Posted By Colleen Lemmon on January 07, 2008 at 22:12:23:

In Reply to: Re: bicep popped posted by Giles on December 31, 2007 at 09:50:30:

Ankle braces go on fast and the athlete does the applying so there is no waiting in line to be taped. Valuable trainer and coach time is saved when taping is eliminated. In an independent sudy of athletes Swede-O ankle braces were chosen as most comfortable.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)