Elbow injury

On the 27th of june 2007 i had an accident on rollerblades which resulted in me sustaining a few brakes in my left albow:
*A simple fracutre to the ulnar, about 3 inches away from the joint.
*I also shatterd the radial head

This was fixed by operation where a wire was put into place to meand the ulnar. Were as the radial head was in one place so was left to heal by its self. Four and a half months later i am suffering pain around the tendon of the tricep. The doctor told me the wire may be going through the tendon....is this right? with my knowledge of anatomy and physiology and sports injuries i think this is wrong. I also have limited rotation at the elbow joint and am unable to fully supernate the hand....will this get better?

i am currently waiting for a referal to see a spesensoredt, and only just had a referal for more physio as i was signed off to early after a change in physiotherapist.

please give me some hope as this is affecting my career as a personal trainer!!!!!

many thanks


Posted By Nicholas owen on November 15, 2007 at 06:22:58:

The Achillotrain has a viscoelastic heel-wedge to raise the heel for relief of Achilles tendon. A silicone insert on the back of the Achillotrain leaves tendon pressure-free and provides intermittent compression for the reduction of swelling and edema.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)