Rehabilitation after muscle atrophy

I was 6 years old when I was abused and left with severe muscle atrophy of the right gluteal muscles. At age 27 I began to have tremendous pain in my hips after a doctor put me in a lifted shoe to try to correct my hip levels and to try to help sciatic pain. I grew terribly worse with the pain shifting into my abdomen and right leg and hip. The pain was in the left leg to begin with. I am 48 years old now. I have been dealing with numerous things to get healthy psychologically and living in pain all these years. I can't seem to find anyone who will take the time to direct me to someone who can help me work at increasing strength to muscles surrounding this area of my body. I try on my own and become discourgaged when pain sets in. Who can I go to? I live in Columbus, Ohio. I know there are people who care. I just haven't found the right one. Lori

Posted By Lori Dougherty on October 17, 2007 at 23:43:10:

Allows full dexterity of the fingers and thumb, yet limits wrist flexion. Longer length for greater wrist control and increased immobilization. Latex Free.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)