Possible Maniscus Tear

I was recently in a high Impact accident,within hours of the accident my knee swelled and bruised. I had mild pain but the pain in my neck and back were worse. A week later the pain started getting worse in my right knee. The pain is so bad on the outsides of my knee and feels like the pain is also inside my knee as well. There are times where I cant sit, stand and I cant put any weight at all on that knee. If I do it gives way or causes tremendous pain that shoots up and down my leg. The pain is getting worse, and at times I have to lift my leg which is extremely painful to do. I have minimal movement with that leg, it hurts to lift it up, walk on it, sit and stand...
My inpact was 80 mph and I remeber hitting the brakes Extremely hard and it is possible that I hit my knee on my steering column.
Anyone have a clue as to if this is what it is. They just did xrays but may have to possibly have an mri next week on it..
Is it possible that I have a torn maniscus like my husband suspects. ( He is heavily into sports...lol)

Posted By LJ on August 12, 2007 at 02:26:12:

The SiliposŪ Soft Sock is a two-layer sock carefully designed with a proprietary gel pad molded in between the two fabric layers at the sole to absorb and reduce friction, abrasion, shear forces, and moisture away from the foot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)