Re: Ruptured Plantaris Tendon

I recently was diagnosed with a ruptured Plantaris Tendon and strained calf muscle in my left leg, from playing football. This happened from simply pushing off with the left leg to accelerate quickly forward for a five yard run into the end zone. Heard a loud pop and fell to ground (felt like , got hit in the calf by a golf ball hit from a driver from 20 yards away) MRI and Doctor determines, do not need surgery. Been 2 weeks since happened and because of insurance and doctors & Facilities available within the insurance guidelines, leg not any better and can't get into Physical Therapy for another week. This is frustrating and costing me thousands of dollars a week and possibly my job, while I'm crutching around and elevating with heat on the calf with this silly looking Ted hose on. Regardless of the pain or duration of time I may have to go through...... Is there any physical therapy excercise that can be suggested for me to do on my own until I can see a therapist next week? I just want to progress the healing as fast as possible without do more damage to it. If all I needed was R.I.C.E. for the 1st three days and therapy while on crutches for the next 2-4 weeks than if I could have been instructed on exercises to do , I would be up and walking by now. PLEASE HELP ADVISE. David Bailey

Posted By David Bailey on July 26, 2007 at 16:31:21:

In Reply to: Ruptured Achilles Tendon posted by Shamim Ahmed on June 11, 2007 at 10:20:48:

Allows full dexterity of the fingers and thumb, yet limits wrist flexion. Longer length for greater wrist control and increased immobilization. Latex Free.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)