upper arm injury/pain

while hiking 2 months ago, I slipped on ice and fell with my right arm inward under my body. since then I continue to experience feelings from general discomfort to sharp pain virtually all the time. I assume I may have a Bicep muscle or tendon injury that is obviously not healing very well. I do not have Medical insurance so I am posting here primarily to get some advice as to what may be the most economical way to seek treatment. Orthopedic, physical trainer, chiropractor, acu-pressure/puncture, etc. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted By bill E on July 19, 2007 at 07:49:04:

Helps strengthen the kneecap mechanism by applying pressure on the tendon above the kneecap as well. This tends to reduce the forces of the quadriceps on the patella tendon and erosion of the under surface of the kneecap due to a possible misalignment of the quadriceps (Q-angle).

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)