uneven hips

When my son was 3, a welding rod went into his mouth and through the center of his brain stem. It resulted in extreme weakness on the left side of his body. When he was able to walk again his left foot was always turned inward and he walked tip toe on it and he couldn't do much with his left arm either. He also couldn't hold his head up strait. He stayed in Children's Hospital and did Physical and occupational therapy. He is now 11 and his left hip has moved really far up and still walks on tip toe with foot turned inward. Saw a physical therapist recently who says he is well on his way to scholiosis. His left foot just points strait down and is so tight I can barely move it. He has has surgery on his achilles tendon to try to lengthen the left leg, leg braces, shoe lifts, everything you can think of. All to no avail! Is there any type of surgery that might be able to fix this before it keeps getting worse and worse? PLEASE HELP! No doctor seems to know what to do! He was so young when this happened that he doesnt remember what walking correctly even is at this point.

Posted By sam on October 21, 2011 at 09:19:24:

Silicone inserts leave the epicondyle pressure-free and provide an intermittent compression to the soft tissue of the joint, leading to increased circulation, thus aiding in the resorption of swelling and edema.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)