shoulder dislocation???

For years now when I move my arm certain wsys my shoulder seems to dislocate, even in my sleep, sometimes taking several mins. to "put back" and it can take days for it to actually go back perfectly and only then does the pain completely stop. I can feel it shift slightly when this happens. There is a grinding to it when it comes out and recently I have been beginning to experience the sensation of it "about to come out" in the upper muscle of my arm where there is no joint. I have had an MRI of it and the Dr.who read them said there was no evidence it has ever been dislocated and suggested (with a grin) the next time it happened for me to leave it out and drive the 25 mins. it takes to get to the E.R.This has been going on since a bike accident 25 years ago and is beginning to really affect the quality of things I enjoy (gardening, swimming, tossing a ball with kids) Do you have any suggestions for me? I am desperate. My shoulder hurts all the way down my arm and into my neck almost constantly now. Thank you for your time,

Posted By Sheila Gryder on April 26, 2011 at 04:10:40:

Ankle braces go on fast and the athlete does the applying so there is no waiting in line to be taped. Valuable trainer and coach time is saved when taping is eliminated. In an independent sudy of athletes Swede-O ankle braces were chosen as most comfortable.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)