Torn Hamstring Tendenosis delayed diagnosis

I have been recently diagnosed with "Low to moderate grade partial thickness tearing right hamstrings origin
at the ischial tuberosity. This is asymmetrical compared to the left. Mild bilateral hamstring origin tendinosis."

The diagnosis was made 16 months after I believe the damage to my right thigh was originally done.

My Orthopedic Surgeon associate has directed me to undergo therapy (Exercises / ROM / Strengthing) 2 - 3 times per week. The associate said this was necessary to "build up scar tissue in order to physically support the damaged tendon".

On several sites I have read of the possible danger of therapy worsening the problem. Most sites recommend similar physical therapy but within days of the initial damage NOT months later. I am concerned about the medical path that has been arranged by the doctor. I have been looking for a second opinion but I live in an area with a small medical community and I have not found a doctor who will give me an objective second opinion.

The pain is intense, on a scale of 1 - 10 it varies from a 5 to a 8. Sleeping is difficult and working is impossible.

Any objective input is sincerely appreciated.

Posted By Greg Allen on February 26, 2011 at 22:48:08:

The medical grade mineral oil released from the gel onto the skin also helps to soften dry skin and to reduce scar tissue by improving the mobility and elasticity of the skin after scarring.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)