plantar faciitis

I have had plantar faciitis in both feet for over a year and a half. I have been to a podiatrist, an orthopedic doctor, a neurologist,a pain spesensoredt, and two physical therapists. I've had to reduce or totally give up so many things I love to do including running, hiking, and gardening. I continue to be miserable, frustrated, and in almost constant pain.Suffering from chronic anxiety disorder and depression only adds to the already bad situation. I've tried everything from trigger point injections to ice massage to stretching, but I still have pain. My current therapist is using special patches on me twice a week.He wants me to check into A-stem therapy but is not qualified to do the procedure himself.He knows a fellow therapist who is. He thinks I will significantly benefit from it. The last thing I want to deal with is more excruciating pain AND bruising, too. I am a diabetic, so I'm wondering if further damage to my feet would be problematic. Could someone please advise me. I am at my wits' end. I am (or was, anyway) an active, 50-year-old middle school teacher who is forced to sit on a stool to teach all day. Any commentary or advise will be greatly appreciated!

Posted By Susan on November 06, 2010 at 19:52:01:

The Palumbo Patella Stabilizing Brace creates a dynamic, medially displacing force to the patella and allows functional activity while providing stability throughout the full range of knee motion.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)