Is it possible for a PT to fix this?

I had scoliosis when I was younger, around middle school. Since then I had it treated but am left with other imbalances. I can tell my left ribs stick out more and the bad muscles on the left side are extremely tight. When I try to stretch them out I get a lot of resistance and a knot building up in the lower/mid back somewhere. I think I might also have some nerve compression somewhere down the left side because my fingers on my left hand don't have the full range of motion after lieing down for long periods of time, like first waking up in the morning. I don't know what kind of help to seek, so I'm asking because this is something that has been with me for a long time, I'm 24 now. This isn't a recent injury. Can a PT help me bring my body back to proper alignment? or am I looking for something else?

Posted By Jim on September 28, 2010 at 19:17:38:

Inflated aircells offer comfort and graduated compression with its therapeutic benefits. Worn with a laced shoe, the Air-Stirrup restricts inversion/eversion and permits normal flexion.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)