Re: broken foot

there are so many possibilities why your having pain in your foot. A few of these are joint stiffness and weak muscles. Our ankle and foot need a significant clearance of range of motion for it to move properly during your forward propulsion during your everyday activities like running, walking or stair climbing and also significant strength for it to support the foot including the whole lower limb.
During the period that you wore a cast.. joint stiffness and muscle weakness develops on ur ankle and foot and the adjacent muscle groups as well. That's why you have pain and weakness in your knee...
a start-up exercises or you that you can do at home are: do this for 1 week and inform me regarding your progression after 1 week so I can revise and progress your exercises.
1. trunk twisting for 20 times at each side with both of ur feet planted at the ground.
2. ankle dorsiflexion self-stretching for 30 seconds hold for 3 repetitions (see
3. standing with both feet on the ground while both eyes closed. (maintain your shoulder and pelvis level) for 1 minute, 3 repetitions.
4. double calf raises 20 reps x 3 sets.
5. ice for 15 minutes on painful area (beware of ice burn!)

Posted By Painkiller 2010 on April 27, 2010 at 17:21:19:

In Reply to: broken foot posted by Darla on April 17, 2010 at 11:19:16:

The Simply Stable HXt hyperextension elbow brace is designed to stabilize the elbow by helping to control extension and rotation. Stabilization is accomplished through a unique design that incorporates dual polycentric hinges into a functional Neoprene sleeve.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)