formerly broken ankle

I sustained a broken ankle in a very bad car accident in 2004. I had a pin for about a year. It did not return to its former flexibility and remained slightly larger than it was. My ankle has not given me any problems until now. I am living in the mountains of North Carolina in a rustic setting. The terrain is rough...hilly, gravel roads, tree roots on foot paths to maneuver, etc. I work with children...we climb hills go on walks and so on. I am having sever pain in my ankles often, causing me to limp at times. Should I see my surgeon/doctor or will he just reccomend heat, massage,etc.?

Posted By Amakiasu on February 24, 2010 at 20:59:49:

This neoprene brace with extended hinge bars is an ideal intermediate-level product that can be used in sporting activities. Suitable for mild to moderate MCL, LCL and/or ACL, PCL instabilities.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)