Literally a few days ago I began what I thought would be my ice-skating preparation.The session had to be curtailed because the stability for the left foot/ice skating boot was simply not existant.I could not continue.I really need to ice skate so how do I correct this.Ultrasonography?Flat-plate analysis?Or simply insert and position a lateral wedge?What would be the most economical and effective way of correcting this obstacle of rolling outwards,which in this case is actually preventing stability on the ice.Other information you might be interested in is as follows.Keller's arthroplasty on the left big toe which has not taken so good as it is quite painful some years after the operation.A slight leg discrepancy.Tibial bowing of the lower third of the left leg.As noted on the ice the other day the right leg always leading the left.Suspected axial tilting in noting how I turned an arc(on the ice) it being easier in one direction than another.Whiplash injury of the neck from many years ago.Torsion and twisting in my positioning before the computer.Damage to my lower lumbar from toileting my mother before she was taken away.This showed up clearly on the ice many years ago in that my left leg was flailing.So,is it a matter of a simple insert?

Posted By GRAHAM JONES on January 21, 2010 at 11:57:52:

Each Universal Patella Stabilizer comes with a donut and horseshoe shaped buttress. These buttresses can be trimmed to customize the patellar support.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)