uneven hips

Hello. I have been having intermitant sharp (left)ankle paing on my outer bone on and off for the past 5 years. The doctors have told me my MRI and XRAY can back clean, with a small amount of heel spurs. I can't soley isolate why I get sharp pains. Somedays, I won't even have done any PT and I will start to feel a sharp pain. My podiatrist has me wearing ankle braces so I walk more evenly, but I don't think my feet are the core of the problem. I have been told a few times that my hips are off. When I do a hamstring stretch (standing)I can feel my left side of my hip when I touch my back or same concept... if I lye on my back rolling back and forth, I can definetly feel the bone of the left side of the hip, where the right side, just feels flat. I am concern that the problem with my ankle is not a foot problem but with my hips being off. I am wondering what can I do at home (I already do stretching to include yoga) and what can I ask my doctors to check or do. My physical therapist already agreed that my right hip is tight whcih he offered stretches that already do. Is there something else I should ask my doctors to check.

Any advice is greatly appreciative, as I am very frutrated dealing with this issue!


Posted By melissa on January 11, 2010 at 11:19:11:

This special binder is light, cool and gentle on the skin. It is perfect for extra support after a C-section or any birth. It can help a woman return to her normal activities and wardrobe sooner.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)