Possible hamstring tear

I have been playing football all of my life and I am only 22 yrs. old. I first strained both of my hamstrings and took off for 4 weeks using the rice method. Then continuing to play about a month later I was running and heard a pop in my left hamstring. Iam convinced I have a tear because it has been a couple months with physical therapy though no x rays and i started to play again and it popped again and I know have to start all over. One of my hamstring muscles feel bigger than the other now, the one that is injured feel like it has a mass of muscle grown over the top of the injured hamstring location. My question is......what can I do to get healthy again? Right now it has been the fourth week off and I still havent ran but instead of just rice i've been trying lifting with my hamstring muscles by laying on my back with my legs on the couch and lifting myself up for strength training. Im at the point where i think everytime i try to run it will happen again. Should i just stop playing sports completely and do not return until the pain is gone completely? Should I go get an x ray of some type and is there too much scar tissue build up? I can run and job with no problem its when i sprint to my maximum ability then i always get a pop and then i find myself rehabing. Can you help me?

Posted By Terrance Buchanan on October 19, 2009 at 23:04:29:

Constructed of comfortable laminated felt, which allows for trimming and contour for a custom fit.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)