Neck injury

I work in an auto parts store, several years ago a regular customer and I were chatting by the tool area, and we were being goofy, unfortunately, he decided to take it to extremes so he picked up a large paperback tool catalog, approximately 900 pages thick, (this is a pretty heavy book and we still have it) and he smacked me dead top of my head, kinda like in cartoons, it jarred me pretty hard (COULD HE HAVE CRUSHED SOMETHING?). He was apologetic, and at that time it did not hurt that bad. Well, now it's about 6 years later and I have endured this pain for the last 2 years. I could not understand where I could have injured myself to have this pain and then I remembered this incident. I have this horrible pain right below my head in between my shoulders. And I have noticed a bump, almost like a hunchback would get, but not that large. I get constant headaches and when I rotate my head I can hear what sounds like crunching in my neck. I probably need to see a chiropractor, or should I see a regular doctor ??? Thanks for any feedback.

Posted By Vivianne on April 14, 2009 at 18:11:52:

This neoprene brace with extended hinge bars is an ideal intermediate-level product that can be used in sporting activities. Suitable for mild to moderate MCL, LCL and/or ACL, PCL instabilities.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)