sartorius muscle pain

I had what I thought was hip flexor pain, I thought from RA, which I have, or from working out (which I probably did injure it this way and didn't know it) I work out with weights, yoga and pilates. The pilates and yoga I started about 2 months before the pain set in. I just tried stretching it more, but by the middle of the day I was limping and then dragging my leg around. I let this continue about 3 mos....too long. Then got an MRI with dye - nothing appeared. Got cortisone shot in hip....yoweee! No result, PT twice a week for 5 weeks - tried graston technique...just bruised alot. Next tried a chiropractor twice a week for 4 weeks. Nada.Zip. Although he did conclude that he thought it was my sartorius and didn't really know what to do for it. I agree it is the sartorius after looking it up. I can even locate the exact place where the pain is electric. It appears to be where it attaches at the top. I have dramatically changed my workout and now only have occasional pain when I go to turn and walk too quickly. I really would like to get back to my workout plan, but think maybe the only way to heal it is giving it a break. Is this my only option? Will it heal?

Posted By Aleta on April 04, 2009 at 13:06:29:

Ankle braces go on fast and the athlete does the applying so there is no waiting in line to be taped. Valuable trainer and coach time is saved when taping is eliminated. In an independent sudy of athletes Swede-O ankle braces were chosen as most comfortable.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)