Grinding Knee

When I bend my left knee I feel alot of pain and its very hard to move. In my right knee, when I bend it, it grinds very loudly, but doesn't hurt. However, if I leave it bent for about 5 minutes or so, it has very sharp pains. Now, the biggest problem is that I'm only 17 years old, and have had this since I was about 12 years old. When I was 12 years old I had surgery on my kidneys and my doctor told me to watch out for my knees. Well, he relocated and his replacement ignored it, saying that it wasn't anything. Even a 12 year old can see that excessive grinding isn't just nothing. Also, when you put your hand on my knee you can feel the grinding and something hitting other parts of my knee, not in the normal fashion. I guess me and my family just ignored it over the last 5 years, and now it's starting to bother me even more. The pain in the my left knee is getting more intense and the grinding in my right is getting louder. Oh, and just so you know, I've never broken leg or dislocated my knee cap before, and I drink PLENTY of milk. Actually, I don't drink anything but milk, except for on occasion, like a family function I'll drink pepsi or juice. Should I go see the doctor, and does anyone else have this sort of problem?

Posted By Paige on November 17, 2006 at 14:07:53:

Allows full dexterity of the fingers and thumb, yet limits wrist flexion. Longer length for greater wrist control and increased immobilization. Latex Free.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)