I get intense itch in very localized areas on the outside portion (away from the body) of the lower arm. I can relieve the itch with application of a very hot cloth (a wet cloth heated in the microwave) and holding it on that area for 3 to 5 minutes. It needs to be very hot, but not enough to blister the skin.

I have also applied vinegar to those areas (easiest is to put vinegar in a small glass (like a shot glass) and hold it against the area. I prefer the hot cloth treatment, but both methods relieve the itch.

Basically, I think you are just overwhelming nerve responses til they quiet down. It is NOT A CURE. The itch may (usually will) come back the next day or even the same day, but it is a simple remedy. It seems to be worse in late winter and late spring (when air conditioning starts to be used more), so it may have something to do with dry air, increased pollen, or who knows. It affects me mostly on my right arm, but I have had occurances in the past on the left arm also. Always below (or occasionally AT) the elbow.

Posted By H on April 18, 2011 at 11:00:47:

In Reply to: Re: Intense localized itching on arms posted by Goldie on April 16, 2011 at 22:24:47:

Pro-Tec Athletics' J-Lat Knee Support helps guide the patella back into proper alignment with gentle pressure from the lateral to medial direction. Compression surrounding the patella will help keep it in the patella-femoral groove.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)