I have severe sudden pain radiating from my sternum. it comes on when i twist a certain way or use certain muscles. i trust this isn't an internal problem like with my heart. it hurts worse when i touch the area trying to pinpoint where it is coming from. it has gotten worse over a matter of weeks so that today i cannot turn my torso hardly at all without the stabbing pain.

is is possible that i dislocated a rib? does this sound like an issue that i should see a chiropractor about? it feels like a bone/muscle issue. but i'm not sure and as a stay at home mom with a deployed husband i cannot waste time with dr appointments unless i'm sure it's where i should go.

Posted By jacquie on October 09, 2009 at 20:31:46:

Knitted ankle support incorporating an anatomically contoured silicone insert lying posterior to the medial and lateral malleolus and over the front of the foot. Used to reduce swelling and soreness.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)