Oh, I feel like I am not insane. Although i hate for anyone to go through this, it helps so much to know I am not alone. I have kidney failure and in the early days (nearly 20 years ago(, I itched everywhere and was told it was from tooo much phosphorus. I had a transplant for ten years, no problem and for eight years back on dialysis, no problem But around Christmas of 2006 it started and lasted a month or so. Byt my phosphorus levels are always normal or a little low Exactly what you all describe, wishing it would hurt instead of itch, scratching myself raw and feeling nuts. Then it suddenly disappeared No problem for a year. It started in Januray this year and is still ddriving me nuts. I did ask my dermatologist during my annual last summer (when there were no problmes!) and he said it was nerve damage from the fistulas (shunts)) I had in my arms for dialysis. But he just recommended Sarna Ultra which hasn't helped much. My kidney dr. gave me atarax and that only helps if I take enough to knock myself out which I don't want to do. I will try this capsazin cream. It does help to know I am not crazy!

Posted By Robin on March 30, 2008 at 17:22:25:

In Reply to: Re: Intense localized itching on arms posted by Susan Martin on August 29, 2007 at 13:17:13:

The BioSkin Hinged Knee Skin is the lightest hinge available. The bicentric aluminum alloy hinge is offset to eliminate pressure at the joint line.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)