Count me in as one of the "nice to know there are others out there" group. I have had this problem (I refer to it as THE ITCH) for over a decade....It is a sensation that feels as though a mosquitoe and bee are inside my neck to my wrists tickling and stinging from the inside out. I wouldn't waste time with neurologists, allergists or doctors as a whole. I've tried them all and they just don't know. I've also tried EVERY anti-itch product with very little relief. The only sure fire way is ice until you freeze the sensation. Otherwise there is a recent glimmer of hope...Biofreeze gel. (Someone else mentioned this as well) It at least "overwhelms" the brain with a menthol cooling sensation....a welcome relief to the almost frost bite I give myself from ice. Try that and just pray for winter when it seem to improve. I do think it is tied in with nerve or spinal damage and exacerbated by sun, heat and maybe even sugar/caffeine. I'm even trying yoga. Good luck to you all! In solidarity to the fellow cursed.... Bruce

Posted By Bruce on July 14, 2007 at 18:38:21:

In Reply to: Re: Intense localized itching on arms posted by Diane on July 13, 2007 at 13:25:50:

The Calf Skin provides the calf with constant compression for both calf and shin area. Excellent in helping reduce shin splints, Bio Skin's light weight and low profile make it very easy to wear.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)