Unreal - never knew I was in such a large group. Mine started 5-6 years ago. The itching starts in the spring and continues until the weather gets colder. I have tried every prescription and non-rx allergy medicine, lotions, you name it. The intense itch wakes me up 2-3 times a night. My pharmacist told me yesterday to have my doctor prescribe atarax - I have also been to an allergist and dermatologist. They did a biopsy, but nothing showed up. The allergest did tests and I am allergic to a lot of outside plants, grasses, trees, etc., but no one understands why it is only on my arms and ice packs are the only thing that give me enough relief to go back to sleep for another few hours before it starts up again. I do take thyroid medicine and I do have back problems, but since this only happens in the spring and summer, I don't see a connection. I have tried steroid shots, creams and they don't help either. Sometimes a product called Biofreeze helps - my chiropractor gave it to me for my back. Oh well, at least when I am up at night I will now know I am not alone.

Posted By Mariann on April 26, 2007 at 12:46:34:

In Reply to: Intense localized itching on arms posted by Christie Baker on January 25, 2005 at 14:29:14:

For Tennis Elbow (lateral epicondylitis). The silicone insert fits next to the skin. The insert stabilizes the muscles and apply force to relieve epicondylitis.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)