I have exactly the same symptoms as you all, like a prickling and itchy sensation. When I scratch so, it escalates into a nightmarish and uncontrollably intense feeling of like something crawling sort of under the skin. I put on ice water and stick my arms into the air and it subsides slightly leaving a nasty feeling of tingling and burning. There is nothing to see until I have scratched holes in my arms. The sensation moves around from time to time mostly switching from one upper arm/shoulder area to the other, but sometimes on the lower arm and wrist too. I have had this for about 15 years and when its intense have actually stuck my arm into the freezer. When its bad it makes me want to scream and I can hardly bear the sensation. I'm now trying a diet free from nuts and gluten and detoxing liver and kidneys and staying away from yeast products. So far its no better. I also have spurs on my backbones and a pretty bad neck ache most of the time. I'm 59 and going bonkers with not finding a silution to this manic itchy horrible horrible thing. But also releived that I'm not the only one!

Posted By julie macnabb on October 23, 2006 at 17:18:55:

In Reply to: Intense localized itching on arms posted by Christie Baker on January 25, 2005 at 14:29:14:

Use this support to treat symptomatic pain from Chondromalacia patella Syndrome, Patellar Tendonitis, and Osgood-Schlatter's disease.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)