I thought I was going crazy. So glad to find this site and learn that so many others are experiencing the same thing. I have uncontrollable itching on my upper arms, primarily the right. I've seen a dermatologist who referred me to an allergist who referred me back to the dermatologist who worked diligently to find a solution, but did not. Eventually referred me to one of his colleagues at Tulane University. Hurricane Katrina hit two weeks before my scheduled visit. Since then I found this website. No need to drive 5 hours to another dermatologist. I have suffered from this for years. Happens every day usually later in the evening, but not always. Starts with several sharp pin prick sensations followed by uncontrollable itching that can't be relieved when scratched because it seems to be below the skin surface. I'm afraid I've damaged the skin on my right arm from all of my attempts to treat the itching, not to mention the desperate measures to scratch my arm including using a hard bristle hairbrush. Like many of you the only thing that brings some relief is ice. It's a sad state when you have to get your ice bag ready before going to sleep at night. Has anyone found the cause of this or better yet, just please give me a solution.

Posted By Clee on September 16, 2006 at 17:52:40:

In Reply to: Intense localized itching on arms posted by Christie Baker on January 25, 2005 at 14:29:14:

The BioSkin Hinged Knee Skin is the lightest hinge available. The bicentric aluminum alloy hinge is offset to eliminate pressure at the joint line.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)