I was jumping on a trampoline yesterday with my boyfriends brothers, and i flipped (involuntary) and landed on my head. this motion snapped my neck backwards, and caused EXCRUCIATING pain all through my neck and back. I layed flat for a while because it knocked the wind out of me, and my arms were tingling. After about 5 minutes, I got off the trampoline, and sat in a chair. While walking it felt as though something was pinching in my back. I went inside and layed down with a heating pad on my back, and fell asleep.
This morning I woke up to find that my back pain was either gone or dulled by the horrible pain in my sturnum. When I breathe in too deeply, it hurts really bad. As it does when I cough, walk, or make any sudden movements. It is very hard for me to sit or lay down because of the pain. I have been searching online for anything about sternum pain, but all I can find is information about McNairs current sternum bruising.
I dont know if I need to be going to a doctor, or if this would be like having a bruised rib, in that there is nothing you can really do except aviod any strenuos activity. I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me. Thank you.

Posted By Ashlee on May 23, 2005 at 11:56:02:

Designed for stability, comfort and fit, the Lace-up RocketSoc® is ideal for chronic ankle sprains as well as prophylactic use.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)