I just had a baby 3 weeks ago and have been having serious pain in the upper section of my ribs on the right side. It started back in November when I was only like 16 weeks pregnant, my doctor gave me a cortisone shot and it was better until the beginning of March, when I was about 32-33 weeks along. It got so bad, I was in pain with every movement, every position, any amount of pressure applied made it worse anything I did made it worse, except ice. Excruciating pain. My OB prescribed Flexeril after I told her my chiropractor said it was probably a muscle spasm. Flexeril did nothing, so I stopped taking it. Then I went into labor 2 weeks later at 35 weeks, and immediately after giving birth (and for like a week after) the pain was still there but it felt bruised instead. It is now 3 weeks later and the pain has returned to what it was in the weeks prior to giving birth, only now when it is massaged, there is relief unlike before. I mentioned this to my chiropractor again, and he mentioned that it could be a torn rib head, and that it was most likely directly caused by the pregnancy. Is there any way to correctly diagnose this? What will make the pain go away? What else could it possibly be? Please help, I can barely hold or feed my 6lb baby without being in a lot of pain! :(

Posted By *amanda on April 10, 2005 at 23:55:41:

Unique design guides and centers the glenohumeral joint promoting mobility but inhibiting rotation. Aids in preventing the subluxing shoulder.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)