I'm a 35 year old male and have undergoing treatment for nearly 3 months to help reduce the pain (headaches, reduced motion of the neck, tingling in the arms and hands, etc...). The treatment began with 3 visits per week for the first 6 weeks, then 2 visits per week for another month, and then 1 visit per week for an additional month. The problem is that the Dr. says there has been progress, but as a patient I see no qualitative or quantitative evidence to prove such. I still have the headaches and the other said issues, but I feel that nothing has been accomplished. I requested that an additional x-rays be taken to indicate whether or not improvement has been made, but how long should this take? months, years?? I'm at the point in which I'm about to give up on the Chiropractic care and try other avenues, because I feel no better. I understand that this problem has been going on for many years and it won't take a few visits to correct, but what is a realistic time frame? and are there alternative treatments? i.e. acupuncture, deep tissue message, etc.... I am a very active person and this is starting to become a road block in my life. I am almost willing to do anything to correct this problem.

Thanks for you help.

Posted By Chris on October 18, 2004 at 10:02:16:

Unique design guides and centers the glenohumeral joint promoting mobility but inhibiting rotation. Aids in preventing the subluxing shoulder.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)