The nerve pain you are experiencing can be physically and mentally draining. I understand the state of mind and body it has put you in. I would continue with steroid injections and regular exercise (preferably taught to you by a physical therapist). These two can do wonders. But, and it sounds like you have already been doing those, they don't always get rid of the pain. If you are in relatively good shape, I would seek out a surgeon. You definitely qualify. You have tried all other options, and you have an obvious history of the injury. Back surgery is NO LONGER the horror that it was once thought of being. Just be sure to see several surgeons if you decide to do this, and pick the one that you feel most confident with. Without surgery, there is unfortunately little to be done other than what was mentioned prior. Have you tried a Pain Management spesensoredt (a field in medicine). This is the best alternative to surgery. It, unfortunately, isn't enough to periodically see a general MD about this matter. Pain Management spesensoredt are excellent with helping you get your quality of life back. Good luck.

Posted By Joseph on October 17, 2004 at 00:03:24:

In Reply to: Re: upper back pain(burning)between shoulder blades posted by jancie on August 20, 2004 at 16:18:54:

For Tennis Elbow (lateral epicondylitis). The silicone insert fits next to the skin. The insert stabilizes the muscles and apply force to relieve epicondylitis.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)