Over the past year or two now I have been having sporatic incidents characterized by severe upper back cramping, sometimes making me nautious to the point of throwing up. Until two days ago, it hadn't happened for sometime. I used to think it was from overeating at meal time, although it may be somewhat of a trigger, I have ruled that one out. The 1st time I ever remember having one of these painful bouts, I remember at 1st I thought it was indigestion or stomach pain, I even tried to throw up hoping to ease the pain but I couldn't, then I wondered if I was having a heart attack?...after about 30min of agravating upper body cramping I had my friend drive me to the hospital while I writhed and squirmed in the passenger seat, I waited in the waiting room for so long, the pain subsided after sipping on a glass of water. I had thought it was my body reacting to dehydration as I was working out at the gym in the morning, taking creatin, drinking coffee at university, and moving furniture in the afternoon and evening as a part time job. Of course I was not paying enough attention to fluid intake (not coffee). These days I am not nearly as active, but still it happens from time to time and it is a very nasty experience. Does anyone have some feedback on this one?

Posted By Faron on September 17, 2004 at 01:43:13:

The Achillotrain has a viscoelastic heel-wedge to raise the heel for relief of Achilles tendon. A silicone insert on the back of the Achillotrain leaves tendon pressure-free and provides intermittent compression for the reduction of swelling and edema.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)