I work for a builder, and build new homes. I jumped off of a porch, because someone took the temporary steps away, not knowing I was in the house with a client.

I had a terrible pain shoot up my leg and saw stars. It seemed later in the day I developed a charlie horse in the left leg.

After 12 days I saw my doctor, because I was still waking up with pain

I am under therapy now and the therapist gave me a brace. She determined it is cronic siactica now.

After doing the stretching exercises during the day, I now can sleep about 4-6 hrs. I take advil, 6 per day.

My biggest problem is I wake up with cramps in the night and it takes about 30-40 mins to walk it off. During the day I get them, but not as intense as 4 weeks ago, and am able to walk them off.

I went in for an MRI and will get the results Tuesday.

How much longer is this going to go on.

I can drive for about 30 mins and that is it, so I am still functional at work.

No loss of function and changed shoes with valcro and lifts in the shoes, because the edge of the shoe hits my ankle.

My ankle is very sore at times, as if I hit it on a hard object and barely able to touch it.

After 40 mins it calms down and I can walk ok.

Any comments would be well taken

Posted By judith ann duda on May 29, 2004 at 20:47:42:

In Reply to: SIACTICA posted by LOUISE HINKLEY on February 21, 2004 at 11:27:43:

Useful in treating the following knee conditions: Patellar tendinitis (Jumpers or Runners Knee), Osgood Schlatter's Disease, Chondromalacia Patella, Improved Patella Tracking.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)