Restoring leg length equality / balance in walking

There are a couple of related issues that may complicate this matter, but the heart of the problem, I believe, is my right leg is shorter than my left leg. I believe it's due to injury and walking on it a certain way over the past several years, rather than something that I've always had.
After going to a chiropractor, they helped adjust my pelvis and hip and restored some equal length, but the problem has recurred.
I don't know if this is because of my walking habits (I have flat feet and am often unsure of where to place my weight on my feet [inside or outside, heel, etc]).
From here, should I try to reset my leg with a chiropractic visit, and how would I go about maintaining this? Heel lifts, certain exercises, regular adjustments?
And as far as walking, it may be hard to discuss online, but I lose balance easily by trying to force my feet a certain way, such as trying to walk more centered instead of walking on the insides of my feet, pushing the ankles closer to the ground. Is there a helpful rule of thumb in describing how one should walk in relation to the pressure on their feet? From my knees down, my legs angle outward a bit from my upper legs.

I know it's a lot, but thanks for reading.

Posted By Sam on July 09, 2008 at 15:28:35:

Ankle braces go on fast and the athlete does the applying so there is no waiting in line to be taped. Valuable trainer and coach time is saved when taping is eliminated. In an independent sudy of athletes Swede-O ankle braces were chosen as most comfortable.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)