Lower-back linked "tearing" knee pain?

personal data: 24y old male 5'9" 135lbs
Problem: I feel slight pain in my lumbar region (pain is a 2 on a scale of 1-10), but for the last week when i stand up from a sitting position, in the back of my right knee i feel some pain and tension when i extend the knee. The left knee has a different pain, it is in the front and medially from the patella and the pain is a "tearing" pain with skin numbness. The left knee tearing pain has been increasing in intensity since it started.
My theory:
i've noticed while looking in the mirror (facing it) that when i stand it looks like my back is deviated to the left (meaning that my left shoulder stands lower than the right, and there is a greater curvature seen on the left side of the abdoman than on the right side). In my opinion this could be caused by the fact that i spend a lot of time sitting at a desk and when i write with my right hand i tend to lean to the left side.
History: no major accidents or trauma at all. Do not participate in any violent sport and participate in min-moderate exercise.
???: Does this make sense? What can i do? Is it possible to reverse this crooked situation? In what position should i sleep? Any specific Exercises to do at home, any specific way of stretching? (i don't wanna make this worse and would like the pain to stop)
Thank you for your time
Andrew J.

Posted By Andrew on July 08, 2008 at 15:51:36:

Allows full dexterity of the fingers and thumb, yet limits wrist flexion. Longer length for greater wrist control and increased immobilization. Latex Free.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)