Re: Cyatica Nerve pain in right sensoredock and leg.

There is a stretch you can do to help alleviate some discomfort till you next appt. If you lie down on the floor (if the pain is real bad, make sure someone is there for you to help you back up)...cross your right leg on top of your left knee..the outside of your right ankle should lie on top of your left knee. Take your right hand and push the inside portion of the front of your leg out...There are people whose muscles are so tight or their sciatic nerve is so taught that they can only get to the cross over and forget about the push.

Another thing, you can have your spouse help you with this one. Lay down on a bed face down. Have her put her elbow right at your SI joint.....the dimple right above the buttuck. Just have her press down with her elbow at this point...not too much pressure though....then take the leg and have her bend it back at the knee....look at it as trying to touch your heel to your butt. You may not get that far....this is a great stretch for the sciatic.. Hope this helps

Posted By Liz on June 25, 2008 at 01:42:16:

In Reply to: Cyatica Nerve pain in right sensoredock and leg. posted by billy don montgomery on June 22, 2008 at 13:42:33:

Aircast Cryo/Cuff system applies controlled safe compression to minimize hemarthrosis and swelling, and cold to minimize pain. Its simplicity makes it ideal for the ER, post-op, training room and home.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)