Lower Spine Bulge

I'm 23 years old, and not in the best shape. I'm very thin, but I hardly ever exercise and sit at a computer all day at work ..

About a month or so ago I noticed that when I bent my back backwards, theres a bulge in my lower spine. I kind of just ignored it and figured it was just my bone being weird (it's rock hard, like a bone) .. but lately it seems like I can feel it more often, I dont know if it's getting bigger, or maybe just swollen?? I can kind of feel it when I'm standing up straight. It completely disapears when I bend forward ....

It doesn't hurt, I figure it may be due to my horrible posture and the fact that I ALWAYS lean forward real bad at work .. but it still bothers me. Today I decided to fix my posture and all day I sat perfectly, and now the "bulge" kind of hurts .. Could that mean that it is due to my horrible posture?

I don't think its a spinal tumor .. It feels too much like a bone or a joint that's just knocked out of place .. but yet it doesn't hurt.

What could this be ????

Posted By Jessica on June 03, 2008 at 18:29:01:

Indications: knee strains or sprains, chondromalacia, Osgood Schlatter's Disease (adolescent knee syndrome), swelling and edema of the knee, ligament instability, knee instability, recurrent knee pain, arthritis, degenerative joint disease.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)