Difference of opinion on bulging disks, etc?

I saw an orthopedic spine specialist, neurologist, rheumatologist and my primary doctor and all say the tingling and numb sensations I get in my lower legs and feet could not be related to my back. My MRIs show a minor bulging disk I believe around L4 or L5 and also I believe the same around T3 and/or T7? Can't recall. Also shows minor foraminal narrowing and facet arthrosis. I have minor pain in the mid back, what feels like spasms and also tingling, pain and numbness in the feet and also some of the sensations into the lower leg. It for the most part vanishes at night when relaxing and sleeping. It returns with sitting, standing, walking, etc.

The M.D.s say now way! They think it is my feet. They don't think I have a neurologic or rheumatologic condition.

My Chiropractor says my symtoms could absolutely be related to the back no matter how minor the MRI appears. I went through my MRI with my chiropractor and she feels it is related. I have been going for adjustments and decompression table for about 3 weeks or so. I did realize I may not have been doing the table correctly because it was pulling me along. Apparently I was supposed to hold on to the side of the table so I wonder if the last 3 weeks were wasted. Anyway, I have a few more months of steady treatment and I hope I see results.

Any thoughts on why the variance in opinion???

Posted By Rich on February 06, 2008 at 12:36:05:

The T2 active ankle support, is state of the art ankle protection gear. It's feather light EVA padding system hugs every contour of the ankle for an incredibly snug, comfortable fit.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)