Should I stop going?

I have been going to a chiropractor for the last two months and have been recieving three adjustment every week. I have lower back pain and neck pain which I have acquired from playing too much sport.

Here is what he does; I ly face down on the table with my head angled upward and he pops the head part of the table down. He also has me ly on my side and twists my spine to align it more to the right. I lie face down and he presses on my sacrum to correct a subluxation and the table pops down.

I have not noticed any improvement in my symptoms, rather I have a pain in a new area in my sacrum (tail bone I think)and I have gotten a little worse everywhere overall.

He has made a drawing on the x-ray of my neck of how he intends the position of my neck to be after a year of adjustment. It seems lke my neck will be in a severely retracted state and I will look like a goofball. I think my head position looks normal put he insists it is too forward.

I have paid 2500 euro already and signed a contact so if I decide to leave I may be forfeiting all my money. That is a lot to me as I am unemployed. I think I am going to tell him this week or perhaps give the treatment another couple of weeks. I would be grateful for any advice on what I should do.

Posted By Cian on January 30, 2008 at 01:08:46:

Knitted ankle support incorporating an anatomically contoured silicone insert lying posterior to the medial and lateral malleolus and over the front of the foot. Used to reduce swelling and soreness.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)