Re: hyperextended knee

First would be to rule out any ligamentous injury. This can be done by doing some orthopedic tests to check for stability. If the doctor suspects a ligamentous injury they should order an MRI. Chiropractors work on knees quite a bit, find one that specializes in sports medicine. The doctor will check for tracking and make sure the knee is in proper alignment. Also, the doctor has many tools as his disposal to treat this sort of problem. I would make sure your daughter ices it and stays off of it until the chiropractor evaluates her knee.

Posted By doc4bax on April 19, 2007 at 15:09:45:

In Reply to: hyperextended knee posted by Deanna on April 19, 2007 at 11:42:13:

The Calf Skin provides the calf with constant compression for both calf and shin area. Excellent in helping reduce shin splints, Bio Skin's light weight and low profile make it very easy to wear.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)