Re: SCIWORA and Chiropractic treatment

I have not treated SCIWORA or rather in those terms. Many times we see injuries without radiographic findings and I guess you can call it SCIWORA. Soft tissue injury typically does not show up on standard radiographs. Has he has an MRI?

Chiropractic can help with inner ear drainage problems and helps many times with those patients with chronic ear infections. Chiropractic does not cure an infection but it can help drainage issues. If there is no fluid behind the ear the bacteria loses the environment to flourish there.

Really, the only person who can tell you if chiropractic can help your son is a chiropractor! Not a medical doctor or anyone else. Many times medical doctors say the things they do towards chiropractors out of ignorance. They just donít understand how chiropractic works. Ask the doctor what long term steroid use does to a person, the multiple surgeries and imminent scar tissue formation that will lead to even more surgeries. If the treatment they are providing is not working, it time to consider other options.

Posted By doc4bax on November 06, 2007 at 12:51:58:

In Reply to: SCIWORA and Chiropractic treatment posted by Kelli on November 05, 2007 at 20:40:46:

Knitted lumbar support incorporating an adjustable, anatomically contoured silicone insert stabilizes and relaxes the lower back muscles.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)