Twisted back, please help :/

Last Saturday I was stretching, could not get comfortable at night going to bed and was twisting my back (like I always do) and it sort of makes cracking noises (it always does). Also, male, 32 years old and in above average shape, do exercise regularly. The next day my lower back was killing me, like I broke it. Still did the breast cancer charity walk (4 miles) but had slight pain, felt like it was on the the the right side, so the next day it felt even worse. Now it is radiating on the left side (Wednesday), the lower area. Hurts getting in to a car, sleeping can be difficult also. Walking I can get a sharp pain if I go into certain positions. Is this just a strained muscle that will heal in a few days, or should I be worried? My girlfriend rubbed some mentholated muscle rub and it felt better, but it still is very sensitive. The muscle along the sides of my spine don't feel sore, and the spine itself does not feel sore, can't explian it, it's like it's inside, if I try to twist or bend side to side, forget about it. Anyone ever had experience with this type of pain, might it cause serious irreversible damage? Is it just a tristed/strained back? Help :(

Posted By David on October 17, 2007 at 13:07:10:

Silicone inserts leave the epicondyle pressure-free and provide an intermittent compression to the soft tissue of the joint, leading to increased circulation, thus aiding in the resorption of swelling and edema.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)